Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Sweet Old ee.c

Looking through all my exams notes and the little notebook of quotes I kept just for me and came across all of these. So much of that time was hard to digest, a million books to read, my memory a selective, random, associative thing. Exams, (as dear Abraham once described certain aesthetics)require coming at the wind with hammer and nails. Still, finding this quartered bit of paper and the quotes reminded me how much I still love these words I've married.

why-colored worlds of because


since feeling is first
who pays any attention
to the syntax of things
will never wholly kiss you.

tomorrow is our permanent address
and there they'll scarcely find us
(if they do, we'll move
away still further: into now)

you shall above all things
be glad and young
for if you're young whatever life you wear
it will become you; and if you are glad
whatever's living will yourself become

how much more than enough for both of us
darling, and if I sing you are my voice

beware of heartless them
(given the scalpel, they dissect a kiss
or sold the reason, they undream a dream)

(formybff) I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing
then teach 10,000 stars how not to dance

nobody, not even the rain,
has such small hands

No comments: