Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Parfait

To quote Maggie Anderson regarding the evening with Eleanor Wilner here at KSU, "it was incandescent." And it was.

Regarding the week, the people I've met and every minute I've been here, I could gush on and on, but I'll spare you. I will say that last night, the Venice Bar some Eliot Ness beer, and Eleanor--stunning in her black poncho and so funny and wise--made for one of the best nights of my life. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Wick family with the anything-but-ordinary Chris as representative, and David Hassler, the newly-awarded Ohio Poet of the Year, and Maggie Anderson: gracious,sharp with "quiet authority." Of course, you Eliot Wilson, generous, appreciated, knowing you only gets better. And to my students here--you were icing to the sweetest "birthday cake" of a week. Here are the links I promised you. (You are already missed--stay in touch.)
(Google searches should get you there until I have time to plug in links)
Born Magazine
The Diagram
Wave Books
Death Villanelle
New Pages Lit. Links
Poetry Machine
Also, for a great sample cover letter check out Pebble Lake Review's advice in the submissions section.

For a great sense of the terms and forms of poetry, check out John Drury's Poetry Dictionary.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweet you, congratulations. I only wish I could have been there, too! I'm sure you were luminous.

justin said...

sophia-
i just wanted to thank you once more for everything you gave us this past week. i hope we all can get together the next time you're in town (maybe hit up some taco tantos?).

also, i wanted to remind you of the Guerilla Poetics Project (of which i am now an official operative), and their website is www.guerillapoetics.org

keep in touch
-justin

a-smk said...

The workshop and the Taco Tantos night were wonderful. I would love for all of us to meet up again when I'm next in town.

re: Guerilla Poetics. I will be signing up tomorrow. Thanks for the reminder.

Take care (I miss you guys!)
s

Anonymous said...

sophia,

i hate to repeat what everyone else said, but i loved the workshop! i miss it already. so, thank you for coming and thank you for being so amazing. i really enjoyed the entire week.

my haiku from friday are on my blogspot, if you'd like to take a look. i will def. continue to check up on your blog.

take care of yourself, and thanks again.

---

natasha

a-smk said...

Natasha,

Repeat away--this week started off a little wistful without you all.

I want us to keep in touch, write and share work and send GREAT news. I have fifteen chances--at least--each day to celebrate good writing.

Soon,
s