Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Yardwork and Peaceful, Ease

Soon to plant the bleeding heart: a throwback to my childhood and Evanston, Wyoming where it was the one constant flower to bloom each year. We lived on the industrial side of town, owned a motel, bar, liquor store and cafe. Our front yard was a big old wagon that sat under a crab apple tree. Needless to say, there was not much gardening in our lives, but there was the Bear River running through a kind of back yard that had too, the remnants of an old drive-in and the ticketbox that I made into my playhouse and there was in front of our "lobby" home, a crab apple and in our side year: the bleeding heart. I loved it for its crazy shape and of course, its name. Of course my first home had to have one too and so it will, very soon. I also found some white Peruvian daffodils--very spidery and curly in their petals. I can't wait to see them in bloom.

Tonight we refinish the bathtub, hang our gorgeous new shower curtain (hummingbirds, Queen Anne's Lace, dandelions!) and tomorrow we paint it in that tin-dreamy shade of jade and mint that I found in this new line of paints.

No comments: