Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Red Rose, Proud Rose, Sad Rose of all my days!

Yeats and I danced. I stepped on his toes. Yeats and me--we're nothing if not long-suffering. Call headquarters for details.
Trying.
To bring the balloon of the mind into a shed at high wind.
*
Come near, come near, come near - Ah, leave me still
A little space for the rose-breath to fill!
*
Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand.
*
My dear, my dear, oh dear,
It was an accident.

2 comments:

Editor, Alan May said...

ello, ello, u should dance w/ wally stevens next, the toe-smasher. special issue of a-text is online--not sre if u saw the email.

finished my new copy of intaglio! It's pure beauty...

a-smk said...

Oh Alan May, in the whole history of the world's humans, you remain on my list of favorites. (Wally Stevens ain't too shabby either.)

I didn't see the email. Do tell.

AND WILL YOU BE AT THE AWP?? Is my