Sunday, March 04, 2007

Sir Prize, I know that's what you are

but what am I besides happy to be home. The big party of yesterday went off without a hitch. I'm reading Stephen Dobyns and drinking decaf. and listening to Arrow Sparrow--hot new find of a musical treat.

Soon, hotemuluv.com will be live and wordsonwalls.net already is in a partial about-to-be-added-onto way. Thursday finds me in Akron and with luck, April in Kenyon and Kent. I like luck. I like it very much.

Speaking of luck or lucky error or Anthony Robinson, where were you? And Matthew Guenette? Gold star for Michael Morse for coming by (or being tracked-down) and saying hello. And Aaron Smith, finally I got to meet the dear, talented Aaron. I saw too, Simone Muench (read her poems, buy her books!) and Kristy Odelius whose poems I've long admired. Brian Ingram, my old Bama friend. Of course, Ander and John Pursley who is scooping up the literary prizes that Ander hasn't already. Best of all, I hung out with Kathrine Wright and Scarlett Rooney, both of Florida, wordsonwalls and beautiful words. It was so nice to see you all.

Plus, Jackie Osherow: poet and kickboxer extraordinaire who made me want to grow up to be just like her.

Then home again, to party in the honor of the birth of Sir Caleb the Great and Lovely.

I bought Blind Date w/ Cavafy by Steve Fellner and chapbooks by both this year's Wick Chapbook winners. I meant to buy a bunch of books from Switchback and Dancing Girl Press. I recommend Fever Pitch by Christy Bowen and the Cindy King's chapbook. Also, as an old Scott Cairn's fan, it was cool to run into him and find out that he's hanging out at the same monastery that my dad visits (Mt. Athos) and that he's written a book about it. The Amazon wishes are growing long.


No comments: