Sunday, March 11, 2007

We Feel You, Julianna

http://www.esquire.com/fiction/ESQ0207Baggott

Admittedly, dear Kathrine spotted this first, but as a way,way,way back Baggott fan, (I drove to Birmingham, AL to sit in a too-tiny audience and marvel at how gracious, how incredibly together, besides talented, besides funny, besides gorgeous, Ms. B really is) I have to post it, too.

Because no one has earned her literary keep better and if she's saying it's hard to do, (earning a living as a writer, while not collapsing from the endeavor to juggle it and you know, life) it's tougher than even all that. I don't know of a work ethic like Julianna Baggott's and I certainly don't possess one. I work in starts and stops and have more manuscripts ready to go than I ever have out in the mail.

Speaking of: for the rumor mill that has erroneously spun out the word that I have a book forthcoming from Red Hen Press--please note: you're wrong. I love the press and they were very encouraging about the story that won their recent contest and subsequentally optimistic about what the manuscript overall might look like. While I would be pleased and honored, it would be news indeed for Red Hen to hear that they're "running" my book. Next time, unless the book has an Amazon page, I won't breathe a word.

No comments: