Thursday, January 07, 2010

Feeling Understood

A lively understandable spirit Once entertained you. It will come again. Be still. Wait.
Theodore Roethke

All the links are repeats, but I can't not think about them and why and how. Watched some wonderful movies lately, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly knocked me out, the privacy and poetry of it. Began O Lucky Man and feel half-inside a perspective unlike anything I'd ever experienced in film before. A little Harold and Maude, a little British deadpan, a little quirkiness and something else, a cocktail of tonal flavors hard to imagine mixed elsewhere or in any other way.

A long walk in Yellow Springs, the snowy gorge, the cleanest air and so much so white, so pure and new and possible.

And today, my head feels heavy and light at once like some fantastic balloon. I'm tracking down songs and singers, movies and books. I feel like a pinata of various new sweetnesses.

It's cold here and the snow seems unceasing. Good sleeping weather.

No comments: