Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A Nice Day This

Lunch at the Indian Oven with my very nice landlord and then a new tea with a new friend. The tea: Cinnamon Mint Chai (not so minty and not strongly spicy at all) but creamy and warm and next time it's the cherry blossom one I meant to try tonight:a green tea with some rose essence to it, too. Or one of my old cardamon standbys because really, when is cardamon ever not a good idea? Exactly.

I'm reading Jane Eyre and the promised-insomnia of a whole pot of black tea has me wondering when it became 1:32 a.m.

If not you then Lorca to bring in Wednesday with me:

Gacela of Unforseen Love

No one understood the perfume
of the dark magnolia of your womb.
Nobody knew that you tormented
a hummingbird of love between your teeth.

A thousand Persian little horses fell asleep
in the plaza with moon of your forehead,
while through four nights I embraced
your waist, enemy of the snow.

Between plaster and jasmins, your glance
was a pale branch of seeds.
I sought in my heart to give you
the ivory letters that say "siempre",

"siempre", "siempre" : garden of my agony,
your body elusive always,
that blood of your veins in my mouth,
your mouth already lightless for my death.

Federico GarcĂ­a Lorca

No comments: