Saturday, January 17, 2009

"Don't tell me not to live, just sit and putter

Life's candy and the sun's a ball of butter Don't bring around a cloud to rain on my parade"

I am in Streisand's debt. She kicked in just when the whole perpetual training thing looked like a bad idea and walking to Jeni's ice cream and trying all of the flavors sounded better. Then elation--that feeling and the fact that this song was a good portion of the soundtrack to my childhood. My mother loves Streisand, owns all of her movies, plays them again and again. I have been able to block The Prince of Tides and have real affection for the Funny Chick series, even The Way We Were with its so-young Redford and a political fervor in the streets that made me wish L-Bo and I had old-hatted up, little lady gloves and hit the streets to campaign for OUR NEW PRESIDENT! Three more days. I am finding some bar inaugural thing. Even as L-Bo abandons and Bostons out. Join me? Because it is one of the truly right things to happen this year and with luck and no tiny miracles, more will follow. Until the song runs out...

No comments: